First Aid – Basic Life Support
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals.
Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Canadian Red Cross Basic Life Support Field Guide
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- Stand-alone course – 4 hours
- With Airway Management – 5 hours
- With Oxygen Therapy – 5 hours
- With Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy – 6 hours
In-Person Safety Training Courses